I am so excited to share this recipe I made up all on my own! I brought it to a Saint Patricks Day party and it was a HIT! I am in love with this recipe and have already shared it with a few who made it at home and love it! I am pinning this to Pinterest, http://www.pinterest.com/sandyrwessel !
The recipe is called Avocado Cilantro Lime Hummus and here is how you make it! Remember Organic, Non-GMO and local if and when possible!
- 2 cups of soaked and rinsed chickpeas (garbanzo beans) or 1 can chickpea's (garbanzo beans) drained and rinsed
- 2 small avocado's or 1 large
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- About an inch thick wedge of red onion
- 1 whole bunch of cilantro
- 2-3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Add all to food processor and blend until smooth
- Add salt and lime until desired taste. I don't measure them I just add, but if I had to guess it's be about a tsp of salt to a tsp and a half and maybe 3 tbsp lime but that's purely a guess. Just put in a food processor and blend and keep testing it until it tastes as salty and lime-y as you want.
Don't be afraid to add more garlic, onion or even throw in Jalapeño or your favorite pepper or hot sauce to spice it up a bit.
This recipe goes great with seed crackers, organic chips, or vegetables (again organic, Non-GMO and local if possible)!
Here are some of the brands I favor for chips and crackers:
Way Better Snacks
Blue Diamond (check the labels)
I encourage you to try this and tell me your thoughts, and if you change it up a bit and what you do and how it tastes!
Then God said, “Let the earth sprout vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees on the earth bearing fruit after their kind with seed in them”; and it was so.