Friday, March 21, 2014

I made my own recipe!

Hello Everyone!

I am so excited to share this recipe I made up all on my own! I brought it to a Saint Patricks Day party and it was a HIT! I am in love with this recipe and have already shared it with a few who made it at home and love it! I am pinning this to Pinterest, http://www.pinterest.com/sandyrwessel 

The recipe is called Avocado Cilantro Lime Hummus and here is how you make it! Remember Organic, Non-GMO and local if and when possible!






  • 2 cups of soaked and rinsed chickpeas (garbanzo beans) or 1 can chickpea's (garbanzo beans) drained and rinsed
  • 2 small avocado's or 1 large
  • 2-3 cloves garlic
  • About an inch thick wedge of red onion
  • 1 whole bunch of cilantro
  • 2-3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Add all to food processor and blend until smooth
              • Add salt and lime until desired taste. I don't measure them I just add, but if I had to guess it's be about a tsp of salt to a tsp and a half and maybe 3 tbsp lime but that's purely a guess. Just put in a food processor and blend and keep testing it until it tastes as salty and lime-y as you want.

Don't be afraid to add more garlic, onion or even throw in JalapeƱo or your favorite pepper or hot sauce to spice it up a bit.


This recipe goes great with seed crackers, organic chips, or vegetables (again organic, Non-GMO and local if possible)!

Here are some of the brands I favor for chips and crackers:
Way Better Snacks
Late July
Que Pasa
Blue Diamond (check the labels)

I encourage you to try this and tell me your thoughts, and if you change it up a bit and what you do and how it tastes!

Genesis 1:11
Then God said, “Let the earth sprout vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees on the earth bearing fruit after their kind with seed in them”; and it was so.

No comments:

Post a Comment