Friday, April 25, 2014

It's FRIDAY again!

It's Friday again... SO SOON!

This week I wanted to get in touch with the fitness side of Food and Fitness Friday. Tomorrow I am doing a Survivor Mud Run! Some people think I am crazy, but I love the challenge of an obstacle course! It's not boring! That is the biggest thing for me, it's FUN! I am competitive (if you know me you are so laughing right now and saying "psht that is putting it lightly") with others but mostly against myself. I strive to be better and live up to my standards. Switchfoot has a line in a song "This is your life, are you who you wanna be?" and that song speaks to me. AM I who I want to be? Are YOU who you want to be? If the answer in no then you need to find out what that person is for you. Once you find out what that person is (all aspects) you can start working on getting there.

Tomorrow I am going to face the race with the challenge of the obstacles one at a time! I will commit to doing my best on each obstacle and continue to give it my all on each obstacle. I have done a few of these and I always feel awesome after! I have come so far in my journey of health and to actually complete a 5k obstacle is rewarding! I try to not stop running even if that means I run super slow, the point is to not quit! Remember I am challenging myself, competing with myself. When I do that, I always do better and more. The whole mindset around it gets and keeps you going. Negative thoughts have no room when I am challenging myself!

So you think I am crazy for doing this, but I plan on doing the "Wipe Out" run called ROC (Ridiculous Obstacle Course) in September! I really don't like running that much, even though I am not bad at it so these obstacle courses are great because I get so much workout with cardio! This is also a test of my body strength; for all the past months I have been working out and lifting weights! I can't wait to see how I do!

This Friday I really want to encourage you to ask yourself if you are who you want to be physically and mentally. I want you to make a plan and list all the fitness activities you want to try and find what motivates you and what challenges you to challenge yourself. What do you want to be AWESOME at? Now go make it happen and stop putting it off because 3 months from now you will still be the same or worse if you don't start at all.

(I am the one on the left at last years Rugged Maniac)


Philippians 4:13

English Standard Version (ESV)
I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

No comments:

Post a Comment